Thursday, July 8, 2010

Widgets

New Color Birthday Card

Hello all my blog-world friends. I said yesterday that I didn't know what I would have for you today. So after thinking about it for a while I decided to do a couple of Birthday cards since I will be needing some this weekend anyway. Besides...I don't always have to wait until the day of to make the Birthday cards. It's nice to have things done ahead of time once and a while...

Anyway here is the first Birthday card I created and it uses the New Colors: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, and Daffodil Delight!



Stamps: Cute By The Inch, Occasional Quotes, Because I care
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight
Inks: Whisper White Craft, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions die, 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Stampin Dimensionals, Curly Label Punch.

The stamp sets I used for this card are all Hostess sets in the new catalog. Check out the bar to the right if you haven't seen the wonderful new catalog with all the new products and stamp sets! You can earn these stamp sets for FREE by hosting a workshop. What could be better than getting free stamps and free SU products right? Now back to the card.

The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". I cut a piece of Early Expresso cardstock 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" and used the Big Shot and the new Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions die to give the cardstock some texture. Then I used the direct to paper technique on the debossed side of the cardstock with Whisper White Craft ink. This takes a while to dry but I just love the way it looks. This was then layered on a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock cut at 2 5/8" x 5 1/2".

I stamped the three images from Cute By The Inch in Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, and Daffodil Delight ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and used Paper Snips to cut around them. I just love these little scissors because they cut through cardstock so easy and they are small so they work great for cutting out detailed images. I then glued these on a scrap piece of Early Espresso cardstock and cut around it with the Paper Snips leaving a small border.

I used the Curly Label Punch to punch a label from Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, and Daffodil Delight cardstock. 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon was wrapped around this panel and tied into a knot in between where the Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight labels were going. The stamped images were glued to their corresponding color curly label and then glued to the textured Early Espresso piece. For the Daffodil Delight label I really wanted to make it stand out from the other two. So I sprayed it with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz before adding the image to the center then adhered this to the card with Stampin Dimensionals to make it pop up off the card.


This panel was added to the Whisper White card base. The sentiment from Occasional Quotes was stamped in Daffodil Delight ink on the card base. Underneath the sentiment I stamped the border from Because I Care in Marina Mist. What do you think?

Come back tomorrow to see a masculine birthday card! Its gonna be great!