Saturday, July 24, 2010

Widgets

Emboss Resist Tutorial

Sorry for not getting this posted on Saturday when I usually post the weekly tutorial. I was busy helping my  Mom tile her backsplash in her kitchen. I will have to post a picture of what it looks like because it is gorgeous.

Now on to the tutorial. Last week I showed you embossing. Today I am going to show you a technique called Emboss Resist. For this tutorial you will need your heat gun, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder, Veramark, cardstock, stamp, sponges, and ink.


First you will use your embossing buddy on your cardstock, stamp your image with Versamark, add your clear embossing powder, and heat emboss. If you missed the tutorial on heat embossing you can find it here. Here you can see that I used the Medallin stamp on a piece of 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" Whisper White cardstock.

 


Now you are going to ink up your sponge with your first color of ink and sponge from the center of the medallion outwards. I like to use the sponge in a circular motion to apply the ink.


Here I am using Elegant Eggplant for the center of my Medallion.



Next ink up your sponge with the second color and sponge outwards past the ends of the Medallion.


I chose to go ahead and sponge the rest of the cardstock. Here you can see that I used Tempting Turqouise for my second color.



Now you will use a tissue or paper towel to rub the ink off of the embossed image.


The result is a beautiful white medallion surrounded by color. The embossing resists the ink which allows you to color your background while keeping your image the color of the cardstock you started out with. I really love this effect. It's so easy and looks great!


 
Come back tomorrow to see the card that I made with my emboss resist panel! Have fun stamping!