Sunday, July 11, 2010

Widgets

Marina Mist Boquet

Yesterday I showed you a short tutorial on how to do what I call inked dry embossing. For those of you who missed it you can view the post here. Today I am going to show you what I have done with the inked an embossed piece of Whisper White cardstock that I made during the tutorial. So here it is....


Stamps: Watercolor Trio
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Night of Navy
Accessories: Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions die, Brayer, 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Stampin Dimensionals

I really wanted the inked and embossed background to be the major part of the card. After inking and embossing I spritzed the entire piece of Whisper White cardstock with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. I cropped it down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and layered it on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White cardstock. This was then adhered to the Marina Mist card base that was cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".

For the image panel I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 1 7/8" x 2 7/8". I stamped the images from Watercolor Trio using Marina Mist ink. The leaves in the back were done by stamping off on scrap paper once and stamping on the image panel twice. This was repeated once more. Then I stamped the leaves and flowers in Marina Mist and the sentiment in Night of Navy ink .

The image panel was layered on a 2" x 3" piece of Marina Mist cardstock and then on a 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock. A piece of 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon was added around the image panel and tied into a bow. The image panel was adhered to the card front using Stampin Dimensionals. That's it! I really love this simple monochromatic card. It really lets the textured background stand out.

Come back tomorrow to see what I have to show you!