Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Widgets

Candlelight Rose

I have seen several of these roses made with the Ornament Punch. They are all absolutely beautiful! But when I saw the one that Kathy Braun posted on her blog. Here you will find a fantastic video tutuorial showing you how to make your own Candlelight rose.

Here is the first one I made and I just absolutely LOVE how this turned out! I will definitely be making more of these!

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Ornament Punch, 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Sticky Strip, Crimper



Now I did a couple of things differently than Kathy did. I punched 25 ornaments from Very Vanilla cardstock using the Ornament Punch. Then I sponge both sides of the ornaments with Daffodil Delght ink. I just love this new yellow! I used the 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch to punch a piece of Old Olive cardstock fo the base to adhere all the petals and leaves onto.

The leaves are made by punching Old Olive cardstock with the Ornament Punch. Then score right down the center of your ornaent from the point to the center of the top of the ornament.

Fold the ornament in half and run through the Crimper at approximately a 45 degree angle starting with the fold touching the crimper. Then unfold your leaf and sponge lightly across the ridges with Always Artichoke ink. This will give you very nice leaves.

Instead of keeping the center "bud" of the rose seperate from the base I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the larger hole in the bottom approximately where the switch would go with the candle centered. Then I glued the center down with Sticky Strip making sure that the switch lines up with the hole.  After I assembled the rose completely I covered the leaves with post-it notes and sprayed the entire rose with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz to give it a nice gold sparkle.

You have to use a needle tool or a pen to turn on the tea-light, but at least you don't have to worry about the center of the rose falling out.

I'm not sure what I'll have for you tomorrow, but come back to check out whatever crafty thing I come up with tonight!