Monday, July 23, 2012

Widgets

Thank You Friday Mashup 68

Okay, this is late, but better late than never right? Here is the card that I created for the Friday Mashup #68 challenge:



  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Betsy's Blossoms, Bring on the Cake, Delightful Dozen
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
  • Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Black Stazon
  • Accessories: 3" Circle Die, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Paper Snips


Here is the Masup Challenge:



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "the Sketch."
  2. Or Make a project w/ a "Lazy Summer Day theme (under the shade of a tree/ biking / Swimming / Sitting in an adirondack chair)."
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project w/ the "Sketch & the Lazy Summer Day Theme."


I really didn't go with a summer theme, but I followed the sketch! I was really short on time and threw this card together quickly with some scraps that were on my table, and I really like how it turned out.

I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock that was cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor onto the card front in Tempting Turquoise ink to create a background pattern. Then I took a scrap of Tempting Turquoise card stock that was about 1/2" x 4" and stamped the greeting from Delightful Dozen on the the left side in Basic Black ink and used Paper Snips to trim one end into a pennant shape before adhering it onto the card front.

Next I used a scrap of Basic Black card stock and ran it through the Big Shot on the 3" circle die. I stamped the blossom from Betsy's Blossoms in Black Stazon ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punched out the flower with the 2-1/2" Circle punch. The two circles were adhered together and then they were adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.



I stamped the bird onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Tempting Turquoise ink and cut it out with Paper Snips. I adhered the bird onto the stamped circle with a Stampin' Dimensional and added a Rhinestone for the bird's eye.

If you have a chance head on over to The Friday Mashup and join in on the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!