Thursday, July 26, 2012

Widgets

Patio Party Birthday!



Hello everyone! Today I have a sketch card that I created a while ago to share with you. This was created for the SCCSC116 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. Take a look:


  • Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
  • DSP: Patio Party
  • Ink: Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson:


This card has a lot of layers but is pretty simple to put together. I started off by cutting a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Patio Party DSP with the butterflies on it 3” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto a 3-1/4” x 4-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock. I adhered this panel onto the card front.

For the next layer I cut a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 1-1/2” x 2-3/4” and adhered it onto a 1-3/4” x 3” piece of Whisper White card stock. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals to make it pop up a little.


Now for the greeting I stamped the image from Itty Bitty Banners onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink. I cut out the greeting banner with the Bitty Banners Framelits and adhered the banner onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.

That’s it! The part that took the longest was deciding how big to cut each layer. I really love the stripes combined with the busy butterfly pattern! What do you think? Have you been combining different patterns lately?

Thanks for stopping by!