Friday, July 13, 2012

Widgets

Birthday Poppies Friday Mashup 67

It's Friday again! That means there is another wonderful Friday Mashup Challenge! Here is the card and envelope that I made: 


  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, En Francais, Itty Bitty Banners
  • Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Sahara Sand
  • Reinker Colors: Pink Pirouette, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
  • Markers: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Blender Pen, Stampin' Sponge, Decorative Label Punch, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive


Photo Source 

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Banner or Flag."
  2. Or Make a project with a "Matching Envelope."
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with a "Banner / Flag & a Matching Envelope."


I know that there is only one little bitty banner on my card, but I had just recently gotten Pleasant Poppies and my fingers were just itching to play with it and color! So I started off this card by cutting a piece of Primrose Petals card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scoring it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4". I wanted to add a subtle background behind my flowers so I inked up En Francais with Sahara Sand ink and stamped it onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping it onto my Whisper White card stock. This leaves a very subtle color background. Then I stamped the poppies from Pleasant Poppies on top of my light text in Black Stazon ink.

Now for the fun part...coloring! I put a drop of each color re-inker into a piece of plastic packaging and used my blender pen to pick up just a little bit of color at a time. I started off by coloring the flowers with Pink Pirouette reinker. Then I used the Pink Pirouette marker to add a little bit more depth to the shadows. Then I added a bit of Primrose Petals reinker to the shadows, and finally just a tiny bit of Raspberry Ripple reinker. By picking up just a little bit of reinker color on the Blender Pen at a time I was able to really blend the colors together well to create the shadows on the flowers.

For the stems I colored them in with the large tip of the Certainly Celery marker and added a shadow with the fine tip of the Gumball Green marker. Once all the coloring was complete I sponged around the edges of the card stock with Sahara Sand ink. I wrapped a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon around the panel and adhered it onto the back. Then I adhered this panel onto the card front.


Now for the greeting! I stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Banners onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and used the Bitty Banners Framelits to cut out the shape in the Big Shot. I used the 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch on a scrap of Pink Pirouette card stock and the Decorative Label punch on a scrap of Primrose Petals card stock. Then I sponged around the edges of all three pieces with Sahara Sand ink. I adhered the pieces one on top of the other and then adhered it onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. 


Now for the Mashup part of the challenge, creating a matching envelope. I stamped just a portion of the poppies in the lower left hand corner of the envelope and colored them in using the same steps that I used on the panel for the card front. Then I sponged around the edges of the envelope in Sahara Sand ink to make it match the card.


Here is a closeup of the envelope coloring.


Now I will admit it took a looooong time to complete the card front and the envelope. It's definitely something I would not want to make multiples of, but it's really pretty! I ended up giving this card to my mother for her birthday with some handmade jewelry that I will share with you next week.

So now it's your turn! Head on over to the Friday Mashup and play along with the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!