Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Widgets

Designer Feathers!

Ever since I saw the presentation at the Stampin' Up! convention that showed us how to make feathers from DSP I knew I wanted to include that in a Make and Take project. Well the Sweater Weather DSP seemed like the perfect patterns to use. Although I cheated a little bit and just made fatter feathers. 


  • Stamps: Loving Thoughts, Truly Grateful
  • DSP: Sweater Weather
  • Card Stock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry
  • Accessories: Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Neutrals Buttons, Linen Thread, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Paper Snips, XL Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch


For this card I started off with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Soft Sky card stock and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece Chocolate Chip card stock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" and a piece of Very Vanilla 5" x 3-3/4". I stamped the chevron image from Truly Grateful onto the card stock in Crushed Curry ink. Then I stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts onto the bottom left hand corner in Chocolate Chip ink. 


I adhered the Very Vanilla card stock onto the Chocolate Chip card stock then wrapped a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin ribbon around the card stock panel and tied it into a knot. I adhered this layer onto the card front. Next I took some Linen Thread and wrapped it around the knot in the Summer Starfruit ribbon, tied the thread into a knot, threaded it through a Crumb Cake button and tied the linen thread into a bow. I find this is the best way to attach a button onto a bow or knot so that it won't fall off ever! I hate it when I pick up a card later and see that something has fallen off.  


For the feathers I used the XL Oval Punch twice and the Large Oval Punch once on Sweater Weather DSP. Then Fold the DSP long ways and use Paper Snips to cut in fringe at an angle almost all the way to the fold of the DSP. Unfold it, fluff the edges a little bit and you've got an instant feather! I used some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to glue the feathers behind the knot in the ribbon. 


On the inside I added a 1/4" x 5-1/2" strip of Sweater Weather DSP and stamped a few acorns from Truly Grateful in Chocolate Chip ink. I just love those fun feathers!