Sunday, November 3, 2013

Widgets

Beautiful Butterfly

Back during the July Make and Take, I think, my sister made the comment that the card we were making was so pretty that she could almost put it in a frame. So.... for her birthday I did just that! Well almost. 


  • Stamps: Creative Elements, Swallowtail, Everything Eleanor
  • Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
  • Ink: Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Versamark
  • Accessories: White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Aqua Painter, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Rhinestones, Whisper White organza ribbon, Sponge Dauber


For this project I started off with a 5" x 7" piece of Pink Pirouette card stock. I stamped the swirls from Everything Eleanor all over the card stock in Pink Pirouette ink. Next I ran my Embossing Buddy all over the card stock then stamped the Swallowtail image in Versamark ink. I covered the image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool.


Next up I took a Sponge Dauber and sponged Strawberry Slush ink inside the butterfly. Then I took an Aqua Painter filled with rubbing alcohol and painted on some Frost White Shimmer Paint to make the butterfly sparkly. 



I stamped the "create" image from Creative Elements onto the card stock in Strawberry Slush ink. Some Rhinestones under the word "create" and in the upper left hand corner added just the right amount of sparkle. Then to finish it off I wrapped a piece of Whisper White organza ribbon around the card stock and tied into a bow. 


All that was left was to pop it into a 5" x 7" picture frame. I knew I wanted a really chunky over the top frame in a bright pink. However, I didn't want to take the time to spray paint it and seal it. So I went browsing on Etsy and found this one at Frame It by Jill. THIS is the same style of frame I ordered, but obviously a different color.

I might just have to make another one for myself to display in my craft room... Except in blue or turquoise of course!