Friday, April 15, 2011

Widgets

Marina Floral Caring

Good morning everyone! I know…posting two days in a row is unusual for me lately, but I really want to share with you all what I have been doing! This week it was my turn to create the sketch for the Stampin’ Connection Sketch Challenge. Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


Stamps: Thanks for Caring
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso
DSP: Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: None
Accessories: Scalloped Oval Punch, Rhinestones, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Photo Corner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 1/8” Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon, Markers: Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy

The card base is Marina Mist cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” . A piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 3 1/8” x 4 3/8”. The flower image from Thanks for Caring was colored in with Always Artichoke, Old Olive, and Marina Mist markers. After coloring the stamp I breathed on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamped the image. I repeated this two more times to get a total of three flowers. I colored in the flower petals with a Bashful Blue marker then sprayed the entire panel with Vanilla Smooch Spritz to add a subtle sparkle to the card. This panel was adhered to a 3 ¼” x 4 ½” piece of Bashful Blue cardstock and then adhered to the card front.

Next I used the Photo Corner punch to punch one large corner from Marina Mist cardstock and one small corner from Bashful Blue cardstock. I adhered the Bashful Blue corner on top of the Marina Mist corner and then adhered the corner to the image panel. Three rhinestones were added to give the card some more sparkle. What can I say…I love anything that sparkles!

Then I cut a piece of Paisley Petals DSP 1 3/8” x 3 5/8” and adhered it to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that was cut at 1 ½” x 3 ¾”. If you haven’t seen this Designer Series Paper yet you have to take a look because it is absolutely beautiful. This is a sneak peek from the new Idea Book and Catalog that will be coming out in July. You can order this DSP and one stamp set during this month only! So hurry over to my website and get your own beautiful stack of DSP to love and adore!

Anyway…back to the card. A piece of 1/8” Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon was tied around the panel and into a knot. The greeting was inked up with the markers like I did for the flowers and stamped on Whisper White cardstock. Then the greeting was punched out with the Scalloped Oval punch and adhered on top of the DSP panel just above the knot. Finally the DSP panel was adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. That’s it!

If you are a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator I would still love to see your wonderful creations! Please post a link to your card in the comments section below. Everyone have a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend!