Monday, February 27, 2012

Widgets

Wisteria and Eggplant Mixed Bunch

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Today I'm sharing with you the first card from the February Make and Take. This one was pretty quick and easy. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Upsy Daisy
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Vellum
  • Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Versamark
  • Accessories: Blossom punch, White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Glimmer Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

 I started off with a Wisteria Wonder card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". I stamped the flower from Mixed Bunch all over the left side of the card front in Elegant Eggplant ink. Next I stamped the more detailed flower from Mixed Bunch in Versamark ink onto a piece of Vellum card stock. Then I poured White embossing powder over the stamped image, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool.

One the flower was embossed I punched it out with the Blossom punch. I used the Blossom punch on a scrap of Whisper White card stock also. The flowers were stacked on top of one another and the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to punch a hole in the center of the flowers. A silver Glimmer Brad was added in the hole and the brad prongs were spread apart on the back of the flower. The flower was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Like I said, super quick and easy, but also super pretty! I just love this stamp set! I can't wait until I have more time to play with it in my craft room. You will definitely be seeing lots of cards made with these beautiful flowers! 

I CASEd THIS card. It was one of the make and takes at Leadership. I was not able to attend, but Cristena and several other demos were kind enough to share photos of all the wonderful projects that were available. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!