Thursday, February 23, 2012

Widgets

Simple Scene


Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted a card. It's been crazy busy lately. I still have several sketch cards to share with you as well as the projects from the February Make and Take. Here is one of the sketch cards. This was created using the Creating Pretty Cards #8 sketch. 


  • Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Bring on the Cake
  • Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
  • Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Black Stazon, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Scallop Edge border punch, Rhinestones, Calypso Coral ribbon (SAB Everyday Enchantment pack), Corner Rounder punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snow Burst embossing folder. 


Here is the sketch: 



The card base is Baja Breeze card stock that I cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 4-1/4" and ran it through the Big Shot in the Snow Burst embossing folder. Then I cut a piece of Calypso Coral card stock 1-1/4" x 4-1/4" and punched one edge with the Scalloped Edge border punch. I adhered the Calypso Coral strip behind the textured Whisper White card stock and adhered this panel onto the card front.

For the image panel I started off with a 3-1/2" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock. The trees from Lovely as a Tree were stamped onto the middle of the card stock in Black Stazon ink. After cleaning off the stamp I stamped the trees again behind the first row in Sahara Sand ink. This creates a shadow of trees further off in the background.

To color the sky I simply swiped the Pool Party ink pad directly across the top half of the card stock several times. Then I sponged Island Indigo ink onto the top quarter of the card stock and along the sides. The ground was created by swiping the Lucky Limeade ink pad directly across the card stock a couple of times. Some darker shadows were added to the grass by swiping with Always Artichoke ink.

After the image panel was done I punched the two right corners with the Corner Rounder punch. Then I tore the left side until my card stock fit just right on top of the Whisper White layer. The image panel was adhered onto the Whisper White panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The greeting from Bring on the Cake was stamped in Calypso Coral ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock that happened to be about 1/2" wide. I used Paper Snips to cut the dove tails on either side of the greeting. This strip was adhered onto the image panel with more Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish it off I wrapped two pieces of Calypso Coral ribbon around the card front and tied it into a bow. Then I added three Rhinestones onto some of the top scallops in the Calypso Coral border just to give the card a little sparkle.

I really love the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. It's a great go to set for any occasion and its really easy to create a pretty scene with. This card is definitely one of my favorites! What is your favorite go to stamp set?

If you participate in this sketch challenge this month make sure to head on over to Craft Project Central and get it linked! You could win a free subscription to Craft Project Central if your card is chosen as one of the winning entries!