Sunday, June 27, 2010

Widgets

Sahara Sand Friends Floral

This card I actually started making for the All About Color Swap for the Earth Elements color family. I had the layout planned, all the pieces cut, the hand-made DSP pieces done, the flowers stamped, water colored, and cut out…then I realized that I was using the wrong color. You can image how upset I was. I needed to use Not Quite Navy for the swap, but I had used Night of Navy. So now I have 11 gorgeous cards sitting around with nowhere to go. But I do really like how they turned out. That’s just my luck though. Anyway…here are the cards I made by mistake.



Stamps: Friends 24-7, Heard From The Heart, Fifth Avenue Floral
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
Paper: Night of Navy DSP (Designer Series Paper Patterns Pack III)
Ink: Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Black Stazon
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Antique Brass Build-A-Brads, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, ½” Circle punch, Night of Navy watercolor crayon, Night of Navy marker, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Whisper White Organza ribbon.

The Whisper White card base was cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”. I then added decorative score lines ¼” and 3/8” from the top of the card and 1 ¼” from the bottom of the card. The sentiment from Heard from the Heart was stamped below the 1 ¼” score line in Night of Navy ink. The Night of Navy panel was cut at 4 ¾” x 4 ¼” and punched with the Scallop Border punch on both sides.

The Whisper White panel was cut at 3 7/8” x 4 ¼”. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the flourish from Friends 24-7 in Sahara Sand ink all across the paper to make my own DSP. This was then layered on a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock cut at 4” x 4 ¼”. I added an Antique Brass Build-A-Brad in the upper right hand corner of the panel and Whisper White Organza ribbon close to the bottom of the panel. This was then layered on the scalloped Night of Navy cardstock and adhered to the card front.

I punched a ½” circle from a piece of Night of Navy DSP that comes in the Designer Series Paper Patterns Pack III which is a Level 1 hostess reward. This was glued into the Build-A-Brad using some Crystal Effects, then the clear dot was added over the top of the paper to seal it in.

I then stamped the flower from Fifth Avenue Floral in Black Stazon on watercolor paper. I used the Night of Navy watercolor crayon and marker to color in the flower. The flowers were cut out using Paper Snips (these are absolutely fantastic for cutting out stamped images). Crystal effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter were added to the stamens of each flower to give them some sparkle. I just love Dazzling Diamonds…or anything sparkly really. The flowers were added to the card front using a Stampin’ Dimensional. Now they just sit in a box like so many other wonderful artistic creations to wait until the time is right to pull them out and give one to someone.

Come back tomorrow to see the Make and Take projects that my guests made for June. I just know you’ll love them!