Sunday, July 26, 2009

Widgets

Happy Dandelions

I created this card for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge #11 which can be found here. I am so glad that I had the time to play with this sketch this week. I’ve wanted to use this Gina K. stamp set for a while now and finally got the chance. When this stamp set came out I really wanted it. I hadn’t bought Gina K. stamps before and realized that this one which is called Many Wishes was a free with three stamp set. So I purchased three other stamp sets just so I could get the Many Wishes set. Kinda crazy I know, but oh well I guess I’m just a stampaholic.

The first thing I did was cut a piece of Whisper White CS 3.25” square. This was then brayered with Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, and then sponged a little with Rich Razzleberry. The stems and sentiment were stamped in Soft Suede and the flower heads were stamped in PTI’s Fresh Snow ink. The bottom edge was torn and then layered on a piece of Melon Mambo, which was also torn at the bottom. I then used some glue and some white flocking that I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to and this was used to create the fluffly little ends of the dandelion. This adds just a little sparkle and texture.

The card base is Whisper White with Rich Razzleberry matted on it and some Raspberry Tart DSP. The main image panel that was matted on Melon Mambo is popped up with scrap rubber. I used some misc. white ribbon at the top with flower from the Flower Fusion Too set and some silver brads. What do you think?