Thursday, February 20, 2014

Widgets

Leadership Vivid Vases Case

I have another fun card from the January Make and Take to share with you! This one was inspired by one of the Make and Takes from Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference. I did not go to Leadership, but some of the other demonstrator bloggers that I follow were posting pictures of their make and takes like this one from Julie. So I did what I could to replicate it for my Make and Take ladies.

I was hoarding saving my Kaleidoscope DSP for another project so I substituted the big bold diagonal stripes for some dainty chevrons. I think I like the chevrons better though...


  • Whisper White card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Basic Black DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 3-1/4" x 3-1/4"
  • Coastal Cabana card stock 1-1/4" x 3-1/4"
  • Crushed Curry card stock 1/2" x 4"
  • 8" Pool Party Baker's Twine
  • Stamps: Vivid Vases, Everything Eleanor
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Strawberry Slush
  • Markers: Pool Party, So Saffron, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush
  • Accessories: Vintage Faceted Buttons, Pool Party Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Scallop Edge Border Punch
I started off by folding the Whisper White card stock on the score line then glued the Basic Black chevron DSP onto the card front. Next I stamped the Vivid Vases image onto the smaller piece of Whisper White card stock in Black Stazon ink and colored in the images with the markers.


After you've got all your lovely flowers colored in you will want to use the Scallop Edge Border Punch on one of the long edges of the Coastal Cabana card stock. Then use Glue Stick to glue the scalloped Coastal Cabana down onto the bottom of the stamped Whisper White card stock. Then glue this down onto the card front. Use some more good ole Glue Stick to glue down the piece of Crushed Curry card stock.


Take the Pool Party Baker's Twine and thread it through a medium sized Vintage Faceted Designer Button and tie it into a little bitty bow. Then just glue the button onto the card with a Glue Dot. This just adds a little bit of fun to the card front.


For an unexpected pop I stamped the swirl image from Everything Eleanor on the inside of the card in Strawberry Slush ink. So cute, so fun!