Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Ornament Friday Mashup 69!

Good morning everyone! Here is the card that I created for the Friday Mashup 69 challenge. I know... I'm a few days late, but here goes. LOTS of new Holiday Catalog items were used to create this card. 


  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Greetings of the Season
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
  • DSP: Festival of Prints
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Versamark
  • Markers: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Glue Dots, SNAIL



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project "For Christmas."
  2. Or Make a "Greeting Card & Decorate the Inside."
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas Card & Decorate the Inside."



This card was also for the Stampin' Connection SCCSC129 sketch challenge. Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly: 


I started off with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I cut a piece of Festival of Prints DSP 2" x 4-1/4" and adhered it onto the very top of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 4" x 4-1/4" and ran it through the Big Shot in the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder. This was adhered onto the bottom of the card. Then I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 3/8" x 4-1/4" and adhered it onto the card front where the Cherry Cobbler card stock met the DSP. 




Now for the lovely ornament. I stamped the ornament from Ornament Keepsakes onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits in the Big Shot. Then I used my handy Embossing Buddy and stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season in Versamark ink. I covered the Versamark with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my heat tool  until it turned shiny.


I used a little bit of SNAIL Adhesive to adhere a strip of 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon onto the card front where I wanted my ornament to hang. I adhered the ornament onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals. For the bow I used more 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon and adhered it onto the top of the ornament with a Glue Dot.




Now for the inside, since the challenge required the inside of the card be decorated, here is what I did. I stamped the ornament from Ornament Keepsakes in Lucky Limeade ink by inking up the stamp once, then stamping three times to get a progressively lighter image. I adhered a scrap of the Festival of Prints DSP and Early Espresso card stock onto the top of the card front inside. Then I used Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Sahara Sand markers to draw lines up from the ornament to the Early Espresso card stock for the ornament strings.  


I wanted to cover the raw end of the ribbon that was hanging over the top of the card front so I stamped another ornament from Ornament Keepsakes in Lucky Limeade ink and cut it out with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits then adhered it on top of the ribbon end. 


I think my favorite item from the new Holiday Catalog is the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and coordinating framelits! They are just so much fun! What is your favorite new item from the Holiday Catalog? 


Click HERE to start shopping the Holiday Catalog online! 
Click HERE to view the PDF version of the Holiday Catalog! 


Thanks for stopping by!