Saturday, January 23, 2010

Widgets

SC264 Birthday Card

I made this card for the Splitcoaststampers SC264 sketch challenge. Since I also needed a birthday card for my brother and combined the two. Making a masculine card takes a bit more effort. So for this challenge I wanted to mix patterns in the same color and the SU DSP really worked well for that.



Stamps: Through The Trees (non SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay DSP, and Thoroughly Modern DSP.
Ink: Barely Banana, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point (retired)
Techniques: Brayer
Accessories: Forest Branches embossing folder (non SU)

The card base is Whisper White and the first panel is textured with the embossing folder on Bermuda Bay CS which was then brayered with Going Grey ink and then matted on a piece of Basic Black CS. For the main image panel I used making and brayering to add Barely Banana, So Saffron, Tempting Turqouise, and then Pacific Point ink in that order. Then I simply stamped the trees from Through The Trees in Basic Black ink and popped it up off of the card with some scrap rubber. What do you think?