Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Widgets

Pinwheel Grad Card

This is a fun and relatively simple graduation card. For the May Make and Take I wanted to use lots of Spring Catalog products that were retiring. Since I haven’t gotten around to posting them until now you will see lots of retired goodies.


  • Stamps: Wishes Your Way (retired)
  • DSP: Tea for Two (retired), Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade (retired)
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Cloudy Day embossing folder (retired), Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Snips, 2-Way glue Pen, Glue Dots, Mini Brads, Pinwheel Sizzlit Die (retired)


I started off by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. I cut a piece of Tea for Two DSP 1-1/2” x 5” and adhered it onto the bottom of the Whisper White card stock. Then I ran this through the Big Shot with just the top half of the Whisper White card stock inside the fabulous Cloudy Day embossing folder.

Next I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade (that wasn’t very “Lucky” after all since it was one of the retiring colors) card stock 3/4” x 5” and punched one of the long edges with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. Then I stamped the greeting from Wishes Your Way onto the right side of the card stock strip in Black Stazon ink. Then I adhered the scalloped card stock onto the card front covering where the DSP and Whisper White card stock met. Then I adhered this layer onto the card front.


I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/8” x 1” and used my Paper Snips to cut an angle at one end and adhered it onto the card front with 2-Way Glue Pen so the angled end met up with the cut edge of the Lucky Limeade scalloped strip. Then I used my Paper Piercing Tool and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in the card front right at the very top of the Silver Glimmer Paper strip.


Next up I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit DSP 2-1/4 x 2-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Pinwheel Sizzlit die. Now this pinwheel is absolutely adorable! Really cute! But a ROYAL pain in the butt to put together!!! I ended up having to help most of the ladies at the make and take with this part. Once the pinwheel was FINALLY together with the brad through all four points I quickly inserted the brad into the hole in the card front before it fell apart again.


So, other that the fact that it is a nightmare to try to get that teeny tiny but totally adorable pinwheel together, this was a really fun and simple card!